The curated Cozy Backyard Holiday collection is now live with an assortment of furnishings and décor as well as expert tips and design inspiration for families looking to entertain outdoors this holiday season.
An online survey fielded by Kelton Global for BBB found that 23% of consumers plan an outdoor holiday celebration this year. In addition, Bed Bath has seen a significant rise in demand for outdoor furniture, heating and lighting, including more than a 100% increase in customer searches for firepits in October from its digital store. In October, pinners searching for “outdoor Thanksgiving” increased by 139% on Pinterest compared with the same period in 2019, the retailer said.
Decorist designer Sarah Ramirez created a multi-purpose environment for the new collection with distinct zones for dining and lounging. The company’s tips for celebrating outdoors include:
- Create distinct entertaining zones: A geometric-pattern outdoor rug can serve as the foundation for the intimate fire pit seating area. Essentials for relaxing include comfy pillows, knitted throws, hurricane lanterns and baskets filled with firewood. Beyond the pit area, establishing a dining area with table and chairs that look just as good when seen from the indoors as when see outside.
- Decorate with color and style: Use a sturdy outdoor rug to define a space while adding extra softness, warmth and texture.
- Good lighting Is key: Use nostalgic flameless candles to brighten corners. Hang rustic lanterns from branches and use them in tablescapes. Introduce shimmering surprises by tossing jumbles of fairy lights into shrubs, oversize glass vases and other dark spots..
- Think cozy: Use warm fleece or wool throws in a colorful array to bring indoor comfort outside.
- Serve with an oven-to-table mindset: Dutch ovens and other enameled baking dishes that go straight from oven to table save both at serving and cleanup time.
- Make room: Using a patio pergola or gazebo frames an instant outdoor “room.” Models with canopies allow for ventilation while shielding guests from the elements.
“At a time when our homes are the epicenter of our lives, outdoor living spaces have been an important place to enjoy time with friends and family safely. We know many customers want to extend the outdoor living season through the winter, so they can enjoy traditions with a twist this year,” said Cindy Davis, executive vice president and chief brand officer at Bed Bath & Beyond.
The post Bed Bath & Beyond targets outdoor entertaining with new holiday home collection appeared first on Furniture Today.